Friday, June 11, 2010

Biomedical Engineering Information

Because my enlightenment to the scarcity of information was prompted through biomedical engineering, I will share what I learned about this field. First, be sure when picking a college that it is ABET accredited. This is incredibly important since I learned that employers heavily weigh upon the accreditation. I was also informed that unless you want to be fixing hospital equipment your whole life, you will need to go to graduate school. Another interesting topic is that I learned that the curriculum the individual I spoke to said that there were about four main concentrations of the field and students had to pick one. They were chemical, mechanical, electrical, and nanotechnology. Each of these were pretty different, so it is important to note that a biomedical engineer would have difficulty mastering all of these fields. There is more information, so if you are still curious I can seek it for you; just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment