Friday, June 11, 2010

Blog Purpose

After recently realizing the many, many things I was previously unaware of regarding my future career path, I decided to provide a convenience to similar individuals. The specifics of the story is that I have, for several years, wanted to become a biomedical engineer, but there are very little resources available concerning the specifics of what this career involves. I met an individual who had just graduated from this major who enlightened me to numerous items of serious interest that directly affected me, but could not be found anywhere online. There were terms such as ABET accreditation that she said could mean whether or not one would attain the job. She also elaborated upon the specifics of the curriculum and the view of an insider upon all aspects of the major and the proceeding pursuit of a job in the field. Because this information is not existent on the web I have decided to, to the best of my ability, answer people's questions concerning different fields (with a focus on engineering disciplines, but I will try to answer questions about other fields). I will consult industry professionals or whomever else I feel will provide the most information. So please submit your questions or concerns and I will consult the proper person to provide you with the best answer.

1 comment:

  1. I think this blog is a great idea. I have already decided to go for physics, but it took me a lot of time to find out wheter i wanted to become an engineer or a physicist. You should definitely post updates about your progress in college/grad school because that is the information i was missing most. The "hands on" stuff basically.

    ReplyDelete