Sunday, June 13, 2010

Random bit of Information

Tissue engineering and related material really interested me and set a spark of curiosity because of the vast potential unleashed by its conception. I wanted to pursue a field dealing with this sort of technology and be a part of the trend this field was leading. Because of this I decided to discover what exactly this field was called and what major would encompass this discipline. I found out that it was biomedical engineering, so if you have the same mentality as me then it is likely that you would enjoy biomedical engineering as a career choice.

Another useful piece of information is the realities of research. My uncle, a worker in the medical field, first enlightened me to the realities of pure research. A second person, a biomedical engineer, reinforced what he told me. The overall message is that to a majority of people, pure research is boring. Although working in a lab on molecular research sounds great on paper, the realities are not so fantastical. Finding a major discovery can still be accomplished without this kind of pure research perhaps by directing others on their research, or working your way up the corporate ladder until you attain the resources to either open a biomedical engineering firm or become a partner, or something similar to this. This would allow you to perform all the personal research you wanted, while still not being bound to only performing that tedious task. This is only one alternative as I am sure there are many others. If you have other questions on this please feel free to ask by commenting.

2 comments:

  1. Your post really helped me to understand the Article. It has great details and yet it is easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete